Today I went up to Kansas City to see the Arabia Steamboat Museum. It was closed for renovations! Bum deal. So instead Jenna and I went the Kansas City Public Library. It comprised 5 stories in a beautiful building with deep, warm colors. It even had Mezzanines!
Upon entering, we found a group of elementary kids coming to see a puppet show. I thought: "Should we go see the puppet show? Why not!"
We sat down on the second row and all kinds of people came to say 'hi' to us and comment on Jenna's outfit. The room slowly filled up with school kids and families. Especially interesting to me was a group of fashionable moms with little kids (a little older and younger than Jenna). They looked like they were having so much fun!
Jenna was mesmerized by the 30 minute show. Every now and then she would point things out to me but for the most part remained perfectly still and erect on my lap. (To be honest there was one incident when she really wanted some food a toddler was eating behind us...) I was very proud of my little girl.
Afterwards, we went to the fourth floor kid's section and played with some of the kids we had seen earlier. I had a nice chat with some of the moms playing on the floor with their kids. They were so kind and fun (and good moms too). I need to find this in Fresno! I need to find a gaggle of library friends with kids!
Later on I kept running into a dad with 2 little boys. In the parking garage we ended up parking next to eachother. We got to talking. I spoke about traveling and he mentioned that he stays home with the kids while his wife works and he once did what I am doing (I didn't mention that we have gone on at least 6 work trips). I am not sure I have ever met a stay at home dad before! A nice guy too. I wonder what his wife does.
Just a nice morning. Very comfortable.
I need a gaggle of library friends too! Glad to hear your trip is going so well :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had fun. Steve needs to book an audit in Utah so we can visit. Miss you.
ReplyDelete