Monday, August 27, 2012

Buddy: A Tribute to a Very Good Dog

Our dog Buddy is gone. We had to put him down a few weeks ago. Luckily we were forewarned and I was able to have a last week to say "good-bye."

I am mixed on how I feel. I was sad to see him go, but now that I am through the mourning process, I am actually kind of glad. No more hair and no more dog chores on my plate. I now have more time to get things done. And I don't have to feel guilty when he follows me around the house. I don't have to feel bad that I'm not giving him attention when I want to get something done while the baby sleeps.

But he was a very good boy and was a comfort at night when Steve was gone (and Steve is gone a lot for work). Buddy got so excited for simple things. And when I was crying because I didn't want him to have to go, he comforted me by sitting on (not at) my feet.

Do I want another dog? I don't know. I just don't know.

He could eat a rawhide bone from Costco in about 20 minutes.

He was a big dog that liked small spaces.

"Oh, please can I have it? I'm a good boy."

Sitting at our feet while we watch General Conference.

"I love my rope toy."

He was a very patient dog.

What is going on here?

"Helping" me vacuum.


Loyal to "Master".


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Buddy...I can imagine the mixed emotions you are feeling. Dale wants a dog but I'm hesitant to get one because of all the extra work it would entail. I do know that all of my boys would love having another companion to play with and love though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Buddy. :( You were lucky to have such a good dog.

    ReplyDelete