Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pantalones Colagados

Pantalones Colgados = Hanging Pants in Spanish

Steve left on his Accouting internship today and will be in California for the next two months. This internship is very important to him (and me) and we wanted to make sure that he would fit in with his business casual co-workers. This would normally be easy for an active church goes like himself, but he hasn't bought new formal pants or shoes since his mission and his formal clothes were a more than a little worn. Kohl's had a great deal on pants during their Memorial Day sale and here they are in all of their glory!

(On an interesting but not completely related note, while I was staring at the pants and thinking about making this post he gave me a 30 minute lecture on deferred tax liability. I understood most of it! My favorite line was when he was telling me about the ways to reduce tax liability and he ended his example with the line: "unless the earth implodes". I couldn't help but agree with that earth shattering statement.)


While looking at the pantalones colgados, I thought of a place in Cuenca, Spain that has a tourist attraction called "Las Casas Colgadas" (the hanging houses). The houses were literally hanging over a cliff (see picture I took below) and housed a modern art museum. Pretty cool. Oh, and I should tell you that the date is November 5th; I was going through a Europen phase...



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I can comment now :)
    That is a lot of pants! Dale started working at Sears so he can get some nice clothes on discount.
    Be strong! Hopefully the next 2 months pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Sears! Don't tell Steve (he loves Craftsman).
    Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete