Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Salsa Garden Cont'd

The patch of dirt Steve is standing next to is our work area. Last year it was an old stump, dirt and stredding plastic (yuck!). Our landlord gave us permission to play with it and play we did! Steve took out the stump (he was sore but he got to buy a shovel so it was worth it!) and we planted bulbs. When those died, we bought dirt and planted flowers. This year we had a few bulbs (mostly daffodills), one marigold from last year and now a salsa garden.

In our garden this year we planted three kinds of peppers (bell, serrano and habanero), two kinds of tomatoes (roma and cherry) and one onion plant which I don't expect to survive. The bugs seem to really enjoy our bell pepper plants.

Oh, and Steve decided to do this at 8:45pm on a Saturday. So once again I found myself racing to Home Depot at 9:30pm hoping they weren't closed (they weren't) and buying that one last item. Why is this starting to become a pattern??

I think the stakes look funny with all of that string and I hope that the plants get big enough to grow into the supports we created for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment