Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gilmore Girls

So I just finished watching "Gilmore Girls, Season 1". I laughed. I cried. I was confused. I was proud of myself when I wasn't confused. In summary, I throughly enjoyed myself. (I think the cheetos helped.)

The series has a lot of references. It has references to movies, famous people, music, history etc. I am not very up-to-date with these kinds of things, but even though I didn't always understand the references, I felt smart. I like feeling smart. Therefore I liked the series (thanks Aristotle!).

I like that the series felt real. I felt like I could just jump into the screen and have a snack at Luke's or take a class at Patty's or attend a town meeting. I'm not sure Lorelai and Rory would want me to be their friend, but I would definately belong to the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment