Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our New House


Over President's Day weekend we visited our house, which as of today has been ours for 19 whole days! We cleaned and repaired and just made a good ol' fashioned mess. At first I wondered if we had made a good decision, if we had gotten a good deal. However, I left with a confidence and love for my new house. I want to move there!

What did we do exactly?
  • We met the new neighbors - I really like them. They were very friendly and neighborly
  • We tore out a bedroom door, frame and all and put in a new one.
  • We replaced the blinds to the sliding glass door in the den
  • We tore out loose nails and screws and filled in holes with putty
  • Cleaned some floors. We didn't really need to clean much as my in-laws had done most of it.
  • We (well mostly Steve on this one) replaced the gate to our backyard fence.
I have many things I want to do to the house when we finally move - such as painting the trim! I am not sure I like that green trim very much. And I will make curtains.

An aside on the metal screen door... Our new house is on a busy street but we live don't live in a bad neighborhood. The screen is nice because gives a little protection, you can't see into the house if it is closed and it also locks so you can leave the front door open and nothing can get in - or out!

No comments:

Post a Comment