Saturday, February 6, 2010

2009 in Summary

Many of life's ultimate details are decided during what I'll call the shaping years. I suppose they start in high school but they really develop after leaving the nest because of increased ability to exercise your agency. So I wanted to share a few summary points of 2009 in case not everyone knew.

Suzanne worked the entire year at SirsiDynix. (Bug her about posting about her work if she hasn't already.) She took a pottery class and has enjoyed making good use of the public resources at the library.

I got into the Masters of Accountancy program at BYU and am into my second of four semesters here. I interviewed heavily in October and got an offer to internship with Deloitte in Fresno this coming summer, which will likely lead us to moving there after graduation in April 2011.

On January 29 we finally closed on a house in Fresno. This was following a 7 month process: 6 months to get bank approval on the short sales and then < 1 month to do all of the escrow stuff. We're heading out next weekend to get some things fixed and cleaned, then coming back to Provo on President's Day.

Wow, funny to think that you could fit a whole year into such a small space....

--Steve

P.S. please boycott Kirtland Signature mac'n'cheese and write in to them to bring back the Kraft blue box mac'n'cheese. I was sorely disappointed with that product.

No comments:

Post a Comment