Thursday, March 28, 2013

Kitchen Cupboards Painted - Check!

When I first saw my new kitchen cupboards I had two reactions. The first was that I loved how many there. I loved my new kitchen! I loved that the sink was under a window. I loved that the oven was up high. I LOVED all of the counter space (you should have seen our apartment). My second reaction was completely 180. Repulsion! The cupboards were this seafoam green and made me feel a little ill. (And I wasn't even pregnant. Though when we officially moved in I was and the color of the cupboards still made me feel sick.)

Now, 2 years after moving in (Easter 2011), they are completed! Steve and I did the light pink (Carribean Coral) and I did the darker color (Wine Barrel) on my own during Jenna's nap time. I think they look much better and the best part is that the color no longer makes me feel ill. They are darker, but for some reason it works and isn't too oppressive.


Side one before:


Side one after:


Side two before:


Side two after:
 
The next kitchen project? Maybe tile. It depends on how long we stay in this house. Which depends on what Steve ends up doing for work. We have a couple of different options. We'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Suzanne! Love the before/after picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kitchens must have been built in the same era because ours is extremely similar to yours (except we only have 3 drawers...)

    Looks great! :) I also have a wall oven and like that I don't have to bend over to get stuff out, and that I don't have to worry about under the oven getting totally disgusting.

    ReplyDelete